Desire to learn: My endeavor in technical innovation began in 1980 in the telecommunications industry as a network switching specialist for the military back in the electro mechanical relay days of communications. As the technology grew to digital switching, database administration and optical/broadband transport over the years, my experience and skills evolved with the ever changing technology. Five years ago, I decided to venture into a new career engaging my efforts in the energy delivery industry. At age 50 I completely took on an entirely new knowledge base with MidAmerican Energy as a Gas Design Engineer, challenging myself to learn a new industry and skillset to once again prove a track record for learning and success.
Back in1995 I decided to go after my private pilot’s license as I always had a passion for flight. Achieving this goal offered me the opportunity to soar the sky and view the land from the most unique perspective ever... With my passion for flight it was a natural transition for me to become a drone (UAV) pilot. Having the foresight for the potential benefits of drone technology, I decided to launch my company “Ascending Innovations LLC”.
Please contact me to discuss how drone technology can work for you, your family or business.
Computational thinker, digital architect, loyal trooper of secondary education. Nathan is a high school teacher in Sioux Falls with a passion for drone technology. He comes to us with a broad range of technological knowledge poured forth from freelance web development for 15 years and as an instructor of computer science for 8 years.
In the 2016/2017 school year Nathan was awarded the Innovation in Education grant from the Sioux Falls Public Schools Education Foundation. From this grant he started a drone program for the public schools and is piloting the project where he teaches. Learn more about the Volaré Project in the Sioux Falls public schools.
● Reduce costs – much cheaper than traditional helicopter or airplane
● Save time – large areas surveyed up to 50 times faster than ground-based land surveying with multiple teams allowing rapid deployment
● Improve safety – survey hazardous areas with minimal ground access and less time with rapid data collection
● Better information – vertical and oblique photography is combined with accurate topographic data, digital terrain modeling and volumetric analysis
● Improve decision making – more detailed and up-to-date than off-the-shelf data
Ascending Innovations LLC is centrally located to serve the Midwest. We are based out of Sioux Falls, SD and can deploy quickly to help you achieve your goals and increase profits.
● Drone Pilot
● Cameraman (Optional)
● Operations Technician (Optional)
● Multi-Rotor Drone(s)
● Ground Station
● Visual and Controller Equipment
● Audio/Visual Data Storage
● Multiple Cameras
● Batteries and Charging Stations (Honda 3000kva portable generator)
● Safety Equipment and Bar
● Transportation Vehicle
● Pre-Flight Consultation
● Scouting Assistance
● Safety Protocol Site Review and Briefing
● Post Production Consultation
● Post operations image and video Editing using adobe premiere elements